I decided today to make a recipe I’d made once before that we really liked, but to make it gluten free. Banana Mini Muffins. They turned out really good. Please note that this was my first time altering a BAKED good from it’s gluten-full recipe to gluten-free! So if someone out there that happens to stumble upon this has a suggestion on how to make it even better, throw it at me! :) I’ve been gluten free since January 30th, 2012! Anyhow, onto the recipe!
Gluten Free Banana Mini Muffins (with or without chocolate chips!)
- 1 1/2 C - Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 t - Baking Powder
- 1 t - Baking Soda
- 1/2 t - Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 t - Salt
- 3 - Large Bananas, Mashed
- 3/4 C - Splenda (or Sugar, but note: calories stated at the bottom will change)
- 1/4 C - Egg Beaters (or 1 egg, but note: calories stated at the bottom will change)
- 1/3 C - Butter, Melted
- 1/4 t - Cinnamon
- 1/2 t - Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 C - Nestle Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, splenda, Egg Beaters, melted butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add flour mixture, and beat until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans. Sprinkle tops with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 13 to 15 minutes (or if you want - large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes).Makes 36 mini muffins!Caloric damage per muffin: 46.3!Other stats: Fat: 2.2; Sat Fat: 1.3; Cholesterol: 4.5; Sodium: 66; Carbohydrates: 7.1; Fiber: 0.8; Sugars: 2.3; Protein 0.9
Will not use the chocolate since I am allergic to that as well…